The free web browser that searches for perfection
Web browsers are vital applications when it comes to using any computer. In fact, most of the time we spend on a PC we are using a browser. That's why it's very important to choose the right one. Firefox is one of the best options, due to its power, its great versatility, its high performance, its security, and because it's a free and open source project. Despite the latter, it still has a long way to go to be able to increase its speed and reduce the use of resources.
Firefox, suitable for everyone.
Firefox gathers a large amount of features that make browsing more comfortable, secure and efficient. One of the latest improvements has been the address bar, that Mozilla has called the awesome bar. Its self-complete function shows us possible coincidences in our search history and will gradually adapt to our preferences.
Firefox's tabs have also evolved and improved their functionality. For instance, we can now pin the tabs that we always use to a permanent position on our browser. Another strong investment by Firefox is the synchronization of the browser with other versions for mobile devices, so as to share browsing history, passwords and bookmarks.
And, of course, Firefox also pays attention to improving its speed. With each new version, it tries to obtain faster startup times and improved loading speeds, because this is probably one of Firefox's greatest weaknesses.
- Firefox allows the user to choose not to let websites to track him/her by means of cookies.
- Allows the customization of the interface, organizing the buttons or fields to our own liking.
- Incorporates an HTML5 interpreter that allows the inclusion of SVG.
- Automatically checks if there are any outdated plug-ins.
- Allows uninterrupted browsing, even if Adobe Flash, Apple QuickTime or Microsoft Silverlight plug-ins crash.
This constant evolution of Firefox has turned it into a browser that's gradually gaining more and more users.
What's new in the latest version
- Multiprocess support.
- Greater protection against dangerous downloads.
- New smart icons.
- Add-ons require a compulsory signature.
Mozilla's popular browser now on Android
Firefox iPhone 4.0
Synchronize Firefox's browsing data