The Android version of Mozilla's web browser
The most popular web browser in the world, together with Google Chrome, is definitely the product developed by Mozilla. Ever since its first version appeared back in 2004, it has been known for providing a browsing experience that incorporates that latest standards and improvements, as well as plenty of updates that have been later copied by other developers, as is the case of its extensions or add-ons.
The Android app of one of the best browsers
And as couldn't be otherwise, Firefox has also been adapted for its download in APK format to Android smartphones and tablets. Therefore, functions and features that we've enjoyed over the last few years on our Windows, Mac and Linux desktops can now be applied to our mobile operating system.
We won't even miss extenstions or add-ons.
In this version, despite being a reduced development conceived for mobile devices and the way we use them. We'll find plenty of iconic elements that became popular on its desktop and laptop versions. But we'll also find others that are inherent to the environment for which it has been developed and that turn it into one of the best ways to browse from a smartphone:
- Smart search that intuitively advances to the results offering you suggestions based on previous searches.
- Quick access to different search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing and to providers such as Wikipedia, Twitter and Amazon.
- Private browsing mode with anti-tracking protection that blocks website trackers.
- Synchronize the browser with the rest of your devices. How to configure it? Through your user password.
- Simple tab management establishing a numbering system.
- Keep tabs open without losing sight of what you're browsing.
- Quick access to Favorites.
- Complements adapted to smartphones such as ad blockers or password managers.
- Social buttons to quickly share web contents via messaging and chat apps such as WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, as well as social networks.
- Function to do screencast and send web contents from your phone to a SmartTV via streaming.
As we've said, it's one of the best and most reliable browsers you can use on your phone. You'll love it because of the stability and usability provided by its sober and functional design that simplifies any action you may wish to carry out while browsing.
What's new in the latest version
- Uses the Skia library to present contents.
- Requires Android 4.0.3 or above.
- The version of the application and the space required depend on the device on which it's installed.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the "Unknown sources" option within Settings>Applications.
Mozilla Firefox 52.0
One of the most popular browsers in the world
Firefox iPhone 6.1
Synchronize Firefox's browsing data